Site Collections Usage reports using powershell

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Forums Archives 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

by taheito at 2012-11-27 05:11:08

Hello All,

I am looking for a script that can get me each site collection (200 Sites) Usage reports including these counters

1-Total Number of page Views

2- Average Number of page Views per day

3- Total Number Of daily unique Visitors

4- total Number of site

e.g.

Site CollectionName — Total Number of page Views —- Average Number of page Views per day

Site 1 —– 22222 —— 55222

thanks in advance

by ToddKlindt at 2012-11-27 06:32:01

I'm not sure how to get all the information you're looking for, but I can get you part of the way there. Each SPSite object has a "allwebs" property, so a count of that will give you the total number of webs in that site collection. Each SPSite object also has a "usage" property that will give you the totla number of views, I believe. I don't know how to tap into the Web Analytics piece to get you the other information.

tk

by taheito at 2012-11-27 07:11:27

Hello ToddKlindt
    i want to get each site on separate report but i want a script that get the 200 site name and their usage report automatically not sum all site Statistics

by simark at 2013-03-06 19:00:39

Hello taheito,

I don't quite understand what you want to get with the number 4. point.
    If you want to list all site collections and count them then use the following code:
    Get-SPSite -limit all
    (Get-SPSite -limit all).count

The other points (1,2,3) are a "bit" more complicated. All three properties rely on one basic thing: users accessing a site collection (or site). I think these traffic related values cannot be found within SPSite objects unfortunately.
    I would recommend to dive into the SQL and dig up the wss_logging table (the only table that can be "touched"). There you can find a lot of traffic and analytic related data.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.