Sort users in active directory using powershell and csv

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Sort users in active directory using powershell and csv

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi , I have those users, from a csv script, and I sorted them all in OU (related as office in my script column). But in my OU there are others OU(related as departement) and I need to classify them into those to!

So in my script "Comptabilite" refeirs as $office and "Reglements locaux" as $dept.

To sorted the users that belong in "Comptabilite", "Financements","Gestion des contrats" and "Unite Siege" ($office), I did this script and it was sucessful

foreach ($user in $users){

$name = $user.firstName + " " + $user.lastName

$fname = $user.firstName

$lname = $user.lastName

$login = $user.firstName + "." + $user.lastName

Uoffice = $user.office

$Upassword = $user.password

$dept = $user.department

switch($user.office){

"Comptabilite" {$office = "OU=Comptabilite,OU=Exercise1,DC=college,DC=local"}

"Unite Siege" {$office = "OU=Unite Siege,OU=Exercise1,DC=college,DC=local"}

"Financements" {$office = "OU=Financements,OU=Exercise1,DC=college,DC=local"}

"Gestion des contrats" {$office = "OU=Gestion des contrats,OU=Exercises,DC=college,DC=local"}

default {$office = $null}

}  try {  New-ADUser -Name $name -SamAccountName $login -UserPrincipalName $login -DisplayName $name -GivenName $fname -Surname $lname -AccountPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString $Upassword -AsPlainText -Force ) -Path $office -Department $dept -Enabled $true

echo "Utilisateur ajouté : $name" } catch{

echo "utilisateur non ajouté : $name" }  }

Following the logic did this script to sort them into my "departement" named "Reglements locaux" and it wasn't very successful

foreach ($user in $users){

$name = $user.firstName + " " + $user.lastName

$fname = $user.firstName

$lname = $user.lastName

$login = $user.firstName + "." + $user.lastName

$Uoffice = $user.office

$Upassword = $user.password

$dept = $user.department

switch($user.departement){

"Reglements locaux" {$dept = "OU=Reglements locaux,OU=Comptabilite,OU=Exercise1,DC=college,DC=local"}

default {$dept = $null}

}  try {  Add-ADUser -Name $name -SamAccountName $login -UserPrincipalName $login -DisplayName $name -GivenName $fname -Surname $lname -AccountPassword (ConvertTo-SecureString $Upassword -AsPlainText -Force ) -Path $dept -Department $dept -Enabled $true

echo "Utilisateur ajouté : $name"  } catch{

echo "utilisateur non ajouté : $name"}  }

I also tried to put "Move-ADUser" instead of "Add-ADUser" but it still doesnt work. I give me my list of users with the mention "not added"

No error message neither! Can somenone help?

Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 97
    Helping Hand

Looks like the scripts are basically identical other than using $dept instead of $office for the -Path parameter. And I don't see a cmdlet called Add-ADUser. Where is that coming from? Am I just looking at a different version of the ActiveDirectory module?

Are the users you are trying to put in the "OU=Reglements locaux,OU=Comptabilite,OU=Exercise1,DC=college,DC=local" OU new users that you're creating in this script or are they existing users you just need to move?

Also, you're probably getting an error thrown by that catch block, but you aren't writing it to the console. Try adding "Write-Error $_.Message" to the catch block after your "utilisateur non ajouté : $name" line, (or just "Write-Error $_" for the full exception).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.