Sorting Get-ADuser results by PasswordLastSet date.

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Sorting Get-ADuser results by PasswordLastSet date.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 3

Hi Everyone,  I am very new to using Powershell and looking for some assistance in sorting the results of my query of AD Users.  Here is what I have so far.  I was able to get the results that I wanted, except wish it to be sorted by PasswordLastSet date, oldest to newest.  I think it probably needs to happen outside the for loop, but not quite sure how to get there.

$userfile = "C:\test_account_list.txt"

ForEach ($user in ( Get-Content $userfile)) {
      $aduser = Get-ADUser -Identity $user -Properties * | Select Name, PasswordLastSet
      $aduser
      }

Participant
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1951
      Helping Hand
        Participant

Thank you for  your response Rob.  In my script, I have a for loop, where the results of the AD query is stored in a variable.  Since I have several accounts listed in the input file, the query is ran once for each account.  I would like to sort all of the results that are captured.  I don’t see any cmdlet that would append the results of all the queries into a single variable.  If I were to add a sort to my existing query, then it is only sorting 1 result, which would not be to useful.  Any suggestions on how to get all the information together so that I can then pass it to sort?

Participant
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 252
      Helping Hand

Assigning a collection (array) to a variable in PS, couldn’t be simpler.  With your example it would look like this:

From there you can access $userarray and pipe it to whatever you want.

Participant

Thank you Mike!  This worked great!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.