SQLSERVER PSdrive and wmi warning

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Salam ELIAS
    Salam ELIAS
    Participant

I am connecting to sql using

cd SQLSERVER:\SQL\sql2k12\DEFAULT\

Or

Get-ChildItem SQLSERVER:\SQL\sql2k12\DEFAULT\Databases\AdventureWorks2012\Tables

Results come back correctly but before the results displayed, I have several warnings in orange colors as follows

WARNING: Could not obtain SQL Server Service information. An attempt to connect to WMI on 'sql2k12' failed with the following error: SQL Server WMI provider is not available on sql2k12. –> Invalid namespace
    WARNING: Could not obtain SQL Server Service information. An attempt to connect to WMI on 'sql2k12' failed with the follo
    wing error: SQL Server WMI provider is not available on sql2k12. –> Invalid namespace

I read some threads, configured the user in DCOM config .....but still getting this annoying warnings

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

SQL Server 2012 no longer supports that WMI namespace, but the SQLSERVER: provider in PowerShell still attempts to use it. You can set $WarningPreference to suppress the warning messages, but this is something Microsoft would need to fix.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.