Author Posts

July 7, 2017 at 1:28 pm

hello
I currently have a dsc push setup to about 12 servers and I would like to stop it on just one server.
I removed the server name from the config files but as I'm working on this server its overwriting my changes.

I see this under the eventviewer

Job {61DB4905-630D-11E7-80F2-0050568B522} :
Job runs under the following LCM setting.
ConfigurationMode: ApplyAndMonitor
ConfigurationModeFrequencyMins: 30
RefreshMode: PUSH
RefreshFrequencyMins: 30
RebootNodeIfNeeded: NONE
DebugMode: False

thanks

July 9, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Push mode doesn't happen automatically, unless you've set up a scheduled job to run it. In which case, change the scheduled job.

Push mode engages when you run Start-DscConfiguration; assuming you're pointing that at a directory full of MOF files, simply delete the MOF file you don't want sent, and it won't send it.

July 9, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Unless your problem is that the MOF has been pushed, and you want the LCM to stop applying it. Your current configuration does not re-apply the MOF locally – it "applies (once) and monitors." So the server, locally, should not be repeatedly resetting itself. It's possible some other computer is continually re-pushing the configuration, but you're going to have to figure that out.

If neither of my comments seem applicable to you, I apologize. If you could share some more details about what you have set up in your environment, I could try to be more specific.

July 10, 2017 at 2:18 pm

thank you
disabled task under the task scheduler.