Summit 2017 - What It Meant to Me

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brad Sterkenburg Brad Sterkenburg 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jeffery Hicks
    Jeffery Hicks
    Participant

I'd like to start a thread for you to share your experiences about the PowerShell+DevOps Summit 2017. Speaking for Richard and Jason I know we'd like to know what you got out of the event and why (hopefully) it was worth your time and money. Another reason for this thread is I'd like to have a source of testimonial material for someone trying to convince their boss about the value of this event. Anything you can share about why someone should attend or what made it valuable for you would be very helpful.

Profile photo of Brad Sterkenburg
    Brad Sterkenburg
    Participant

I spent a good bit of the last evening chatting with Jason Helmick. We spoke about a lot of things, but the one that really stood out for me was a discussion we had about why he does what he does.

I don't need to go into details on that, but the end result was that I was able to see something in myself, a lowly entry level scripter, which I hadn't seen before. That something was potential. and that potential translates to a spirit of confidence in my ability to learn and to teach others.

That is what I am taking back to my place of employment... a desire to grow in my abilities, and a desire to help others learn and grow in their abilities. As an employer, I would think that is as good as pure gold. On top of that are the relationships with so many incredibly talented people who can help me to become great at what's I do!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.