Tags and values for Resource Groups from a CSV

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Greg 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Greg
    Participant

Hi Guys! I am quite a newbie using PowerShell, and I am in need of a little assistance. Currently I am using PowerShell for Azure, and I need to import data from a CSV file to Azure. The details are Tags, values of tags, and Resource Groups. I have tried searching for this on the interwebs, but no such luck. I'm not sure of what other details you may need, but let me know if I am missing anything.
    Thanks again!

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Well, I guess, let's start with what you've already tried. For example, do you know how to import the CSV file? Do you have an idea of the process you want, and just don't know the commands you'd need? What's the job task, here – digging up existing resources and tagging them, creating new resources, something else? I'm not sure you really just 'import data into Azure' unless it's just going into a database – which also might be what you're after...?

Greg
      Participant

Hi Don!
      So what is happening here is this. Some of our DevOps guys have a DEV subscription with resource groups already in play. They want the current resource groups renamed and then have 4 tags with variables for each tag applied.

Here is a pic of an example of the data in the CSV to be imported. https://i.imgur.com/JG12pNV.png

I hope this makes sense.
      G

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Ah. Yeah, I'm insufficiently Azure-savvy to tell you how to rename resource groups. But, I'd probably just read in the CSV, enumerate each line, and do whatever command is needed to rename, assuming one exists.

Greg
      Participant

Ok Thanks!
      I'll keep plugging away, and when I figure things out, I'll post back what my resolution was.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.