Test-Path registry keys with overlapping names

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Test-Path registry keys with overlapping names

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Hi there,

I have a strange issue, test-path for a registry key “Name AAA 123” works and it also works for the registry key “Name AAA 123/123”, but only if the first one is not present. If both are present, the key “Name AAA 123/123” cannot be found. The same with Get-Property(Item).

Any idea?

Thanks

Zoran

• This topic was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Zoran10.
      Participant
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 2249
      Helping Hand

Hmmm … please be honest: would you be able to understand your question if you had only what you wrote here? 😉

Please show the complete paths you’re talking about and please show the code you’re using. You should format both as code using the code tag “PRE“. Thanks.

Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Here it is. There is no code, I simply used Test-Path, Get-ItemProperty and Get-ItemPropertyValue. If “Triple DES 168” key is present, PowerShell cannot read “Triple DES 168/168” key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Ciphers\Triple DES 168

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Ciphers\Triple DES 168/168

Thanks

Zoran

Participant
      Helping Hand

And Test-Path, Get-ItemProperty and Get-ItemPropertyValue is not code? What is it, what you actually want to achieve?

Get-ChildItem -Path REGISTRY::'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurityProviders\SCHANNEL\Ciphers' | 
          ForEach-Object {$_.Name}
      Participant
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 93
      Helping Hand

Olaf, your cracking me up …

Participant
      Helping Hand

Olaf, your cracking me up …

I’m sorry. Did I say something wrong? English is not my native language. So I’m sorry if I have made a mistake.

Participant
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 93
      Helping Hand

No mistake at all, I just find your comments to be enlightening. No offense intended at all.

Participant
      Helping Hand

Ah … ok … then … Thanks. 😉

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.