To run powershell script on local system.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Aymonier 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

Debasmita
    Participant

hello. Need help !! I used to run powershell scripts on Virtual machine. but now i want to run it on my local system(windows 8).can anyone help me knowing the processes, i should follow to integrate powershell with local system..

Sergey Vasin
    Participant

Hello.
    Why can't you do this?

Will Anderson
    Keymaster

Can you give us the error you're receiving when attempting to run the script?

Debasmita
      Participant

Hi. Actually i am trying to connect the local machine with demo server(vm) through a powershell script. I am showing you the format .
      [$password = ConvertTo-SecureString "password to login into virtual machine" -AsPlainText -Force
      $cred= New-Object System.Management.Automation.PSCredential ("Username for virtual machine login", $password )
      Invoke-Command -ComputerName "virtual machine computer name" -ScriptBlock { "Powershell script which i want to run"} -credential $cred ]
      I am totally new to PS. Please help!!

Alex Aymonier
      Participant

What error are you getting?

Have you checked out "Secrets of PowerShell Remoting" ebook in https://powershell.org/ebooks/

Pradeep Arora
    Participant

Alex Aymonier
    Participant

in Windows 8 click on start and type PowerShell – then go from there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.