Trying but failing to make simple script to get FirstName, LastName, State/Provi

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Olaf Soyk Olaf Soyk 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Mr E Briscoe
    Mr E Briscoe
    Participant

Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties EmailAddress | select givenName, surName, EmailAddress, State/Province | Export-CSV "C:\Scripts\Email_Addresses.csv"

Doesn't seem to be working. I get the firstname, surname and email though.

Profile photo of Olaf Soyk
    Olaf Soyk
    Participant

If I'm not wrong the AD attribute name is only "state" not "state/province". So it should be something like this:

Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties EmailAddress | select givenName, surName, EmailAddress, State | Export-CSV "C:\Scripts\Email_Addresses.csv" -NoTypeInformation
      Mr E Briscoe
      Participant

I tried just state but it doesn't work. Column is just blank.

Mr E Briscoe
    Participant

If I run my original one the column just says:

"Microsoft.ActiveDirectory.Management.ADPropertyValueCollection"

Profile photo of Mark Prior
    Mark Prior
    Participant
    Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties EmailAddress | select givenName, surName, EmailAddress, St | Export-CSV "C:\Scripts\Email_Addresses.csv" -NoTypeInformation

give that a go

Profile photo of Mark Prior
    Mark Prior
    Participant

ahh missed the first part after properties

Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties EmailAddress, st | select givenName, surName, EmailAddress, St | Export-CSV "C:\Scripts\Email_Addresses.csv" -NoTypeInformation

PS C:\Users\mark.prior> Get-ADUser Elias.Manneh -Properties EmailAddress, st | select givenName, surName, EmailAddress, St

givenName surName EmailAddress          St  
    --------- ------- ------------          --  
    Elias     Manneh  Elias.Manneh@blurb.com test

Profile photo of Olaf Soyk
      Olaf Soyk
      Participant

Mark is right. You have to "force" Get-ADUser to output the additional attribute State. So this works for me:

Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties EmailAddress,State | select givenName, surName, EmailAddress, State | Export-CSV "C:\Scripts\Email_Addresses.csv" -NoTypeInformation

Next time to be able to help yourself you can try this and there you can see all the names of the possible attributes:

Get-ADUser $env:USERNAME -Properties * | Select-Object -Property *

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.