Trying to bypass the script warning

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Trying to bypass the script warning

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 21

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping someone can help me with what may be a simple issue for an expert. I have a CSV file of users that I am using to create remote mailboxes on my hybrid Exchange server that will then sync to Office 365 via ADConnect. I am doing this via remoting into my Exchange box via this command….

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri http://hybrid.exchange.com/PowerShell/ -Authentication Kerberos -Credential $UserCredential

Then…

Import-PSSession $Session -DisableNameChecking

OK no problems there, I get connected. Once at the prompt, I am running this command to create the mailboxes….

Import-CSV -Path “C:\users\nsaenz\Documents\FWtest.csv” | ForEach-Object {New-RemoteMailbox -UserPrincipalName $_.UserPrincipalName -Name $_.Name -OnPremisesOrganizationalUnit $_.OnPremiseOrganizationalUnit }

It runs fine but for each user in my CSV file (there will be 100 or so), I get this warning for each mailbox…

cmdlet Get-Credential at command pipeline position 1
      Supply values for the following parameters:
      Credential
      WARNING: A script or application on the remote computer HYBRID.EXCHANGE.COM is sending a prompt
      request. When you are prompted, enter sensitive information, such as credentials or passwords, only if
      you trust the remote computer and the application or script that is requesting the data.

Is there a way to bypass this so that I don’t have to enter my password 100 times?

Thanks as always in advance.

Nelson

Participant
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 525
      Helping Hand
      Participant

Thanks for replying. Is this a PS 6 specific feature? Doesn’t seem to work when I try it. I’m on PS 5 here.

Nelson

Participant
        Topics: 5
        Replies: 2373
        Helping Hand

Is this a PS 6 specific feature? Doesn’t seem to work when I try it. I’m on PS 5 here.

About CommonParameters exists since Powershell version 3.0 – released with Windows 8 – for almost 7 years now. 😉

Participant
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 525
      Helping Hand

Thanks for replying. Is this a PS 6 specific feature? Doesn’t seem to work when I try it. I’m on PS 5 here.

Nelson

You need to turn that on the remote computer where you’re invoking the commands

Participant

Ok, makes sense now. Thanks for explaining. Still learning so I appreciate it!

Nelson

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Trying to bypass the script warning’ is closed to new replies.