Trying to configure Pop-up message to display correctly

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Forums Archives 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

by moxman99 at 2013-02-19 11:14:25

Hello!

I have a small script that will show a pop-up message when I call upon the Function for it. Here is the Function:

Function Tester (){
    $dataExtractedFolder = (Get-Location).Path
    $result = [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::MsgBox("The Report has been placed in $dataExtractedFolder",'OKOnly,SystemModal,Information', 'Report Generated!')
    $result
    }
    Tester

When I insert this into the shell, it works fine. It will display the correct message like so:
    [attachment=1]Messagepic.PNG[/attachment]

But when I save the function into a file like test.ps1 and try to execute by right-clicking and "Run with PowerShell", it shows me an error message that flashes this error message:
    [attachment=0]Flash Error.PNG[/attachment]

Any suggestions on how to make message display while right clicking on the test.ps1 file?

Actually this is apart of problem that I am having when inserting the function into a bigger function that contains several functions. The message does not display at the end so I am drawing a conclusion to say that the reason why is above.

I have also tried this:

Function Tester (){
    [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction")
    $result = [Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction]::MsgBox("The Report has been placed in $dataExtractedFolder",'OKOnly,SystemModal,Information', 'Report Generated!')
    $result
    }
    Tester

And This:
    Function Tester (){
    [System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName("System.Windows.Forms")
    $result
    }
    Tester

But still the same error.

Thanks in advanced!

by coderaven at 2013-02-21 07:30:36

I was able to get it working by loading all of Visual Basic.

[void][System.Reflection.Assembly]]

by moxman99 at 2013-02-21 09:16:40

Great! Thanks for this!

I cannot believe I did not try this before....:/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.