Unable to install pip packages using dsc

Welcome Forums DSC (Desired State Configuration) Unable to install pip packages using dsc

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Hello Team,

I am using powershell dsc to install python and databricks pip package.

I am successfully able to install the python, set variables. However, when I am running pip install package name, I am getting errors.

I tried this

xScript Installdbcli
      {
      GetScript = {

#pass
      }

TestScript = {

return $false

}

SetScript = {$output= Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock {“start powershell.exe /k “”C:\Program Files\Python38\Scripts\”” pip install databricks-cli” }
      Write-Host $output}
      }

Command gets successful but it did not install the package, could anyone know why this is happening.

I tried pip install databricks-cli only, it says pip is not recognized but environment variables are already set in the same configuration and if I try to run this command manually on the node, it works fine.

Please help!

Participant
      Replies: 54
      Helping Hand

If the env var are set in the same config, they won’t be there for the script resources unless there’s a reboot in between.

You can think the DSC LCM as a thread Master, creating a Child thread for each resources, in sequence.

Child thread inherits env var from their parents.

So if a child sets an env var, it won’t go up to its parent, so the next child won’t pick it up either.

Participant
      Replies: 1

Thanks @Gaelcolas, so if I put reboot in between, will it work?

I am mean I am new to dsc, if the machine is rebooted will configuration resume from where it left?

Thanks,

Akshay

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.