Using authenticationinfo correctly

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hadrean Ocampo Hadrean Ocampo 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hadrean Ocampo
    Hadrean Ocampo
    Participant

Hi guys. Last time i posted about AuthenticationInfo figuring how to make it work. A guy named Nitin (he's great!) actually provided me a solution to my problem. I have another question though. Is it possible for to give a user an option whether they want only some of the AuthenticationInfo members (not sure if I said it correctly) $true and some are $false? Is this correct:

AuthenticationInfo = MSFT_xWebAuthenticationInformation
    {
    Anonymous = $True -or $False
    Basic = $True -or $False
    Digest = $True -or $False
    Windows = $True -or $False
    }

So the goal is to ask the user whether they want to set the Anonymous to $True or $False. They only have two options.

Profile photo of Arie H
    Arie H
    Participant

Nope, you cant do that.

You will need to create some sort of UI for the user to choose and the results of the choices they make
    will create a script with values of either $True or $False.

DSC isn't for Orchestration (though it does support dependencies and cross-node dependencies), so all the orchestration and decisions
    need to happen before the script creates the mof file

Profile photo of Hadrean Ocampo
    Hadrean Ocampo
    Participant

Hi Arie, thanks for your prompt reply. I actually tried implementing the UI before, incorporating in the script, however it seems it doesn't work okay. I have changed the authenticationinfo to this:

AuthenticationInfo = MSFT_xWebAuthenticationInformation
    {
    Anonymous = $True
    Basic = $False
    Digest = $True
    Windows = $False
    }

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.