Using Powershell to add iSCSI Targetname and IP from CSV file..

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Using Powershell to add iSCSI Targetname and IP from CSV file..

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 0

I have the following script which retrieves IP addresses from a CSV file but does not add them to the -InitiatorId.

$csvFile = Import-CSV -Path C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\esxiHostsDeployment.csv
      foreach ($NFSRow in $csvFile)
      {
      $virtualSwitch = $NFSRow.Switch
      $vmK = $NFSRow.VMK
      $ipa = $csvFile | Where {“iSCSI1″,”iSCSI2″ -contains $_.VMK} | Select -Property @{N=”IPAddress:”;E={$_.IP}}
      }

When I check the variable value with $ipa I get :

IPAddress:
      ———-

If I use write-host $ipa I get

write-host $ipa
      @{IPAddress:=192.168.4.24} @{IPAddress:=192.168.4.25} @{IPAddress:=192.168.4.34} @{IPAddress:=192.168.4.35}

And when this is passed to the -InitiatorId I get the following error:

Set-IscsiServerTarget : Cannot bind parameter 'InitiatorIds'. Cannot convert the “@{IPAddress:=192.168.4.24}” value of type
      “Selected.System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject” to type “Microsoft.Iscsi.Target.Commands.InitiatorId”.
      At line:1 char:61
      + Set-IscsiServerTarget -TargetName “esxiHosts1” -InitiatorId $ipa
      + ~~~~
      + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (:) [Set-IscsiServerTarget], ParameterBindingException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CannotConvertArgumentNoMessage,Microsoft.Iscsi.Target.Commands.SetIscsiServerTargetCommand

Any suggestions how I can get the results in the format : IPAddress:192.168.4.24, IPAddress:192.168.4.25 in the results.

Thank You

Participant
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 24
      Helping Hand

Try this:

$ipa = $csvFile | Where {"iSCSI1","iSCSI2" -contains $_.VMK} | %{ "IPAddress:{0}" -f $_.IP}

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Using Powershell to add iSCSI Targetname and IP from CSV file..’ is closed to new replies.