Using Server 2008 R2

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Wyatt Dave Wyatt 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Steve La
    Steve La
    Participant

I could be misinterpreting this but "Learn windows PowerShell in a month of lunches – version 3" states to get the complete functionality of PS version 3 I should install .net 3 and .net 4.

2012 Server currently has .Net Framework 4.5 and currently has PS version 2 (?) I will update to version 3
    First – Do I need to install .Net 3.5 via Server manager\Features (which installs web services)?

Second – do I install .Net 3 and .Net 4? (that is if I can even install these versions on the server?)?

third – should I update to Powershell version4 and still use this book or stay with version 3 while using this book?

I know these are a lot of guest ions but I need some sincere assistance and greatly appreciate your discernment and experience.

Thanks
    Steve

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

You need .NET 4.0 to install Powershell 3.0, or.NET 4.5 to install Powershell 4.0. You don't need to worry about earlier versions of.NET unless you need to run Powershell 2.0.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.