Using set-acl to always run a program as an administrator ?

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Using set-acl to always run a program as an administrator ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Participant
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 22

I'm trying to get set-acl to always run a program as an administrator ?

Is there any way to translate all the files and settings of a program run as a standard user to an administrator, saving from re-installing and configuring the program when started as an administrator ?

Senior Moderator
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 963
    Helping Hand

Its a Windows related question rather than a PowerShell one, you could also post this to

https://windowsforum.com/

https://forums.windowscentral.com/

And StackOverflow

Participant

set-acl is powershell.

Senior Moderator
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 963
    Helping Hand

If I understand it properly, you are trying to use Set-ACL cmdlet to set of files so that when ever the program opens all associated files are opens as admin ? so it would be some common setting (may be a registry key) or file property in Windows, If that setting is known, then it can be done via PowerShell.

Participant

If I understand it properly, you are trying to use Set-ACL cmdlet to set of files so that when ever the program opens all associated files are opens as admin ? so it would be some common setting (may be a registry key) or file property in Windows, If that setting is known, then it can be done via PowerShell.

The program has to also be run as an Administrator along with all associated files; since I can't isolate specific files within the program.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.