Want scenarios for practice.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dhandapani K Dhandapani K 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dhandapani K
    Dhandapani K
    Participant

Hi All,

I am learning powershell and I want to be a scripting guy!. I am in basic level. wrote some scripts.
    Now I want your help to improve my knowledge in powershell scripting.
    I prefer to learn anything by doing it not by reading it. Give me some real-time scenarios which you faced for writing script,so that I can practice in my virtual environment or in virtual Lab(Microsoft site) and improve my knowledge. Hope you people help me to grow.

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Consider visiting the Scripting Guys blog; they posted scenarios for the 2013 Scripting Games as well as past Scripting Games. Those would probably be good to start with. For example, http://blogs.technet.com/b/heyscriptingguy/archive/2012/04/04/2012-scripting-games-advanced-event-3-create-a-log-that-updates.aspx

Dhandapani K
    Participant

Hi Don Jones,
    As I expected you are the first person who replied for my post. I am a big fan of you. I like your videos and the way you are explaining things. As you suggested I will check that link. Thank you so much reply.

Profile photo of Richard Siddaway
    Richard Siddaway

I'll second Don's advice. I'd also suggest looking at the questions in the forums and trying to create, or improve, a script to answer them. The final thought is to look at the things you do at work – do you work with AD or Exchange for instance, if so try starting to automate some of those tasks in a test environment

Dhandapani K
    Participant

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your advice surly I will do that. I am working as a windows and exchange admin only but not in a place were I can see problems. I cannot explain also what I am doing sorry for that. that's why I asked you guys. Because you guys are seeing lot of problems in your environment, so you can give me scenarios you faced. once again thanks a lot for your reply.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.