WebAdministration in a JEA endpoint

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ori Besser 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Ori Besser
    Participant

Hi,
    I have configured a JEA endpoint with these settings only:
    ModulesToImport = 'WebAdministration'
    SessionType = 'RestrictedRemoteServer'
    RunAsVirtualAccount = $true

Some cmdlets work as expected, but some, like 'Stop-Website' and 'Start-Website' return the follwing error:

Cannot find a provider with the name 'Variable'.
        + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (Variable:String) [Stop-Website], ProviderNotFoundException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProviderNotFound,Microsoft.IIs.PowerShell.Provider.StopWebsiteCommand

I have tried all the combinations of SessionType and LanguageMode, the only way it works is with a 'Default' SessionType, regardless of the LanguageMode. I have also checked the PSProviders and PSDrives and it seems they are all loaded.
    I don't want to use the Default SessionType because it misses the whole point..

Any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Don Jones
    Keymaster

The module is attempting to map a drive to the Variable PSProvider, which the other SessionType doesn't provide. The module is, in other words, poorly written for JEA's use case.

Ori Besser
    Participant

Thanks Don,
    The thing is that the 'Variable' PSProvider and the 'Variable' PSDrive are both registered (I can see them with get-psprovider and get-psdrive)

I guess it's another command that the module is missing which I have no way to find out.

Ori Besser
    Participant

I have finally overcomed this by adding this to the psrc file:
    VisibleProviders = 'Variable', 'WebAdministraion'

Thanks for the direction!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.