website issues

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Wyatt Dave Wyatt 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Diane G
    Diane G
    Participant

Am I crazy or were there some site issues going on this morning? All of the links I clicked on – other than registering a new account – redirected to powershell.org/wp. Yes I tried on more than one computer.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I suppose it's not impossible, but I've been using the site all morning (since about 6am Pacific) without problems.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

As a note, if you run into something like that again, collecting some evidence is the best way to help me troubleshoot it. Saving off a static HTML copy of the page, for example, using your Web browser – lets me see what HTML was served to your browser, at least.

Profile photo of Diane G
    Diane G
    Participant

Weird! Okay, thanks for letting me know.

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

I've had that happen several times over the past few days. When it does, I found that I can get things working again by going to the "Edit My Profile" link, then back to the PowerShell.org main site afterward. No idea what causes it. It's not always when I first open the site; I've had this condition appear when I was submitting a forum post (which would have been very annoying, except when I clicked "Back" in the browser, all the text was saved).

I'll try to remember to save off a copy if I see it again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.