Windows Explorer Network Locations

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paul Goffar Paul Goffar 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Paul Goffar
    Paul Goffar
    Participant

Hello everyone,

We talked a while back about migrating file shares from one server to another and I learned a lot along the way but what about when a user right clicks in Explorer and chooses add a network location for a web address or sharepoint site? Can anyone tell me where this information lives in the OS?

Thanks,
    Paul

Profile photo of Daniël
    Daniël
    Participant

Do you mean where the configuration is stored in the user profile? That configuration lives over here: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\PublishingWizard\AddNetworkPlace\AddNetPlace\LocationMRU

Profile photo of Paul Goffar
    Paul Goffar
    Participant

Thats what I found previously but ran into trouble trying to change this from within an active logon session. It looks like I'm not refreshing. I'm guessing it will require a logoff/logon event which is less than ideal since I'm changing mapped drives on the fly.

For example, i have ms.sharepoint.junk.com mapped as a network place so Its just a dav folder.

My URL just changed to ms.sharepoint.notjunk.com and I need to change it for users.

Thanks,

Paul

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.