Windows Performance email high peaks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of techyros techyros 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of techyros
    techyros
    Participant

Thank you in advance,
    Is there an easy script that I can use to create a performance log alert every time I get a CPU,Memory,HDD above a set threshold... ?
    My main problem is I don't know how to create this by getting real time values and also not creating overhead.

Example:

" Constantly monitor a server and Email the system admin whenever a server reaches more than 85% of processor use. "

Thanks for helping me getting started with this task.

Profile photo of Rob Simmers
    Rob Simmers
    Participant

You can try WMI Event Notifiers outlined here: https://www.simple-talk.com/sql/database-administration/using-powershell-and-wmi-events-queries-for-powerful-notifications/

Even if you are running a check every 5 min with Powershell via Scheduled Tasks, it should run in a couple of seconds and not generate too much overhead on the server.

Profile photo of Richard Siddaway
    Richard Siddaway

A server reaching 85% isn't necessarily an issue. A server reaching 85% and sitting there for a significant period most likely is an issue. You need to think of time in this as well. I'm going to try and put a blog post together with an example

Profile photo of techyros
    techyros
    Participant

Thank you, I will try something out with WMI Event Notifiers like Richard states, I will keep you posted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.