WinRM failes to connect, is it possible to reset client?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  GS 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

For some reason any external Wsman communication ends up in error. I try to use Test-Wsman cmdlet on non-existent box and it immeditately fails, if I use real host it fails with the same error message. I can see via network capture that connection is not event attempted to be made. This was working before but stopped working for some reason. I ruled out a bunch of stuff already (network, corrupted user profile, etc), still issue happens. Searched if it's possible to reset Wsman client but did not find a way to do that either. Any ideas where to look else short of reinstalling OS>

[ADMIN]: PS > test-wsman nonexistentserver
    test-wsman : The WinRM client sent a request to an HTTP server
    and got a response saying the requested HTTP URL was not available. This is usually returned by a HTTP server that does not support the WS-Management protocol. 
    At line:1 char:1
    + test-wsman nonexistentserver
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (nonexistentserver:String) [Test-WSMan], InvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WsManError,Microsoft.WSMan.Management.TestWSManCommand

Nigel Tatschner

Have you tried PSExec?

This is a great way to get around some connection issues

I need wsman to work, issue is not connectivity since it fails with the same error message for existant and non existant hosts. Connection is not even attempted to be made.

In case somebody else runs into this.
    Issue turns to be HTTP proxy setup on my machine which was directing HTTP traffic to proxy server instead. Unfortunately Test-Wsman does not allow to specify options for connection to bypass proxy and hence it will fail in such situation.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.