I have deployed DSC with WMF 5.0 with password encryption. I followed this post https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/dsc/securemof
All my machines are working well, however I am trying to deploy new servers with WMF 5.1, but when I apply the configuration it does not decrypt the password.
If I remove the WMF 5.1, the decryption works like a charm.
I did not find anything that has changed of WMF 5.0 RTM to WMF 5.1 regarding password encryption. All my servers that are working is using the follow PsVersion.
Major Minor Build Revision
I have also doubled checked my certificate, but it was issued as Document Encryption (22.214.171.124.4.1.311.80.1) and the Key Usage contains either Data Encipherment or Key Encipherment.
Did anyone get this issue with WMF 5.1?
Hello! That is the correct documentation. There was a change from 5.0 to 5.1 back in the beta days. The certificate requirements changed. I have done this a lot using that documentation and it works. Check the certificate requirement section. Can you verify you have created a certificate with those requirements?
Tks for your answear.
Do you mean that I can not use certificate with "Data Encipherment" or "Key Encipherment" Key usage, and "Document Encryption Enhanced Key usage (126.96.36.199.4.1.311.80.1)". Because I built the certificate following this documentations and I was working until the upgrade to version 5.1.
Is this article https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/powershell/2014/01/31/want-to-secure-credentials-in-windows-powershell-desired-state-configuration says I have to use workstation authentication template.
What kind of certificate I have to use now?
I tried to create another certificate for Client Authentication, Server Authentication purposes, but I try to create the mof files I get this error below.
ConvertTo-MOFInstance : System.ArgumentException error processing property 'Password' OF TYPE 'MSFT_Credential': Certificate '2579163BCD9BBB1BD69F7863265B235C713DA2A1'
Even creating others certificates It does not work.
I give up!!
I have done the same test of this https://rkeithhill.wordpress.com/2015/01/08/powershell-v5-new-feature-protectunprotect-cmsmessage/
Using the cmdlet Protect-CmsMessage | UnProtect-CmsMessage and It worked.
For me, this is a bug from WMF 5.1.
The only workaround that worked for me I had to change my resource inserting the code below
#Retrieve the password
#Creating the new credential and replacing in the rest of the code
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.