Working on csv data

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stephan Dasia Stephan Dasia 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Stephan Dasia
    Stephan Dasia

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to create graphs with powershell, but i hit a snap with the input data.

I have a table in the form of:

to make a graph i need the input to look as this:

the code i am trying to adapt is this

(import-csv $LogDir\graph.csv) | Select @{Name="Name";Expression={$}}, @{Name="Date";Expression={$}},@{Name="Aggregate";Expression={{$_.aggregate}{$_.totalsize}}},@{Name="TotalSize";Expression={$_.totalsize}},@{Name="AvailableSize";Expression={$_.Availablesize}},@{Name="UsedSize";Expression={$_.usedsize}}|write-host

I know this is not working because my aggregates column is empty

if i remove the {$_.Totalsize} i will get the aggregate name but that's not what i want
    what do i need to do to get the output as:

I hope one of you guru's know the answer. if there would be another solution please feel free to add it..

Profile photo of Curtis Smith
    Curtis Smith

Something like this?

$InputData = import-csv $LogDir\graph.csv
    $AggregateTotal = $InputData.aggregate | Measure-Object -Sum | Select-Object -ExpandProperty Sum
    $InputData | Select-Object Name, Date, @{Name="Aggregate(TotalSize)";Expression={$AggregateTotal}}, Totalsize, Availablesize, Usedsize
    Profile photo of Stephan Dasia
    Stephan Dasia

Almost, but i've found a solution

(Import-Csv $LogDir\graph.csv) | Select @{Name="Name";Expression={$}}, @{Name="Date";Expression={$}}, @{Name="Aggregate";Expression={"$($_.aggregate)($($_.totalsize)TB)"}}, @{Name="TotalSize";Expression={$_.totalsize}},@{Name="AvailableSize";Expression={$_.Availablesize}},@{Name="UsedSize";Expression={$_.usedsize}} |export-csv $LogDir\graph2.csv

This is what i did:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.