Works in ISE but not Console

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Steve 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Steve
    Participant

I found this answer on Powershell.org:

Is there any chance I can trial and error my way through what's being called to see if I can isolate the problem?
    If so, any recommendations on how I might go about that?

These are my commands:

[void][System.Reflection.Assembly]::LoadWithPartialName('PresentationFramework')

and

Add-Type -AssemblyName PresentationCore,PresentationFramework
    $Window = [System.Windows.Window]::IsActiveProperty
    $ButtonType = [System.Windows.MessageBoxButton]::OK
    $MessageIcon = [System.Windows.MessageBoxImage]::Error

$Result = [System.Windows.MessageBox]::Show($MessageBody,$MessageTitle,$ButtonType,$MessageIcon)

IF there are other parameters that may affect launching in console I'd love to know.

Thanks!!!

Steve
    Participant

Actually, I can get the GUI to remain open but I have to use powershell.exe -noexit -File blah

Without the noexit, the GUI shows for a fraction of a second just as the console window is disappearing.

BTW, I'm not using any taskbar notices. It's just a GUI window with two buttons, a list box and a textbox.

Regards,

Steve

Steve
    Participant

Ok, I got it to work correctly...

with a batch script (ugh).

powershell.exe -noexit -windowstyle hidden .\foo.ps1

You know I've been running a lot of powershell scripts using batch files with these switches but always after -File blah.

Turns out powershell assumes you are running the switch against the file.

Move the switches to just after powershell.exe and they behave as they should.

So What I get is
    The console window appears briefly, disappears, then the gui window pops up a few moments later

All the functions work.

I have another post on here that wasn't completed asking how to run a series of commands after a one button click. I found that answer so I will resurrect that post to answer it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.