wsman:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts How to add a bunch of strings/ComputerNames

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A wsman:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts How to add a bunch of strings/ComputerNames

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hello kind people! Some help would be greatly appreciated for a PS enthusiast and an absolute beginner.

I am trying to set a bunch of string values/computernames which I imported from a csv file.

I used this command to have strings:
    "import-csv -path c:\csvfile.csv | select-object computername -expandproperty computrername"

Know I wolud like to feed that to "Set-Item wsman:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value" all at once so I can PSRemote to these machines in a workgroup environment which I trust.

I can't seem to accomplish this.

"-Value []
    Accept pipeline input? true (ByValue, ByPropertyName)"

I can't figure it out how to do it. Please advise.

Participant

Guess it is because the Value field within WSMAN is expecting the value to be in the format of "computer1,computer2,computer3"

but from what you say you have a list of computernames like this
    "computer1"
    "computer2"
    "computer3"

I recon you need for format it properly to a new variable string and then pass the new variable to the set-item command.

Hope this helps.

Participant

Check out Add-TrustedHost, part of my Carbon module. It will put things in the right format for you.

If you don't want to use the module, here is the source code

Participant

you wrote an entire function? thank you for sharing this.

Thank you very much. This is awesome!

Participant

@Aaron

In fact all I needed is the piece of code in your function where I put my import-csv -path c:\csvfile.csv | select-object computername -expandproperty computrername in a variable and created another variable and used " join ',' " with the first one.

I fed that to set-item parameter "-value" and it worked. What a rookie thing not to know the "join" operator to join a bunch of imported strings and delimited them with commas.

Well I didn't konw how to do it and I wanted to use a "oneliner".

thank you once more.

The topic ‘wsman:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts How to add a bunch of strings/ComputerNames’ is closed to new replies.