Author Posts

August 14, 2016 at 8:58 pm

How can i modify the MSFT_xsqlserversetup service accounts to follow the below naming convention?

$SQLServer = $env:computername
$DomainName = $env:USERDOMAIN
$DBServiceName = "$DomainName\$SQLServer" + "DE"
$AgtServiceName = "$DomainName\$SQLServer" + "AG"
$FTServiceName = "$DomainName\$SQLServer" + "FT"
$RSServiceName = "$DomainName\$SQLServer" + "RS"
$ASServiceName = "$DomainName\$SQLServer" + "AS"
$ISServiceName = "$DomainName\$SQLServer" + "IS"

Thanks in anticipation.

August 15, 2016 at 7:27 am

Hi,

You set this outside of the configuration script and then supply it to the parameters of the DSC component.

Similar to this :

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/dsc/configdata

August 15, 2016 at 11:31 am

Thanks for your help. I tried following your step but I seems to be running intop more problems. Not sure I got what you meant quite clearly.

Thanks