xWebsite PhysicalPath not accepting network path

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris Liquori Chris Liquori 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Chris Liquori
    Chris Liquori
    Participant

Hello,

I am having a hard time pointing the physical path of the website to a network path. Can this be done? Or does the physical path have to point to a local path?

Error:

VERBOSE: [ComputerName]: LCM: [ End Set ] [[xWebsite]WebsiteName] in 0.1090 seconds.
    PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_xWebsite failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality with error message: Failure to successfully create the
    website "WebsiteName". Error: "Parameter 'PhysicalPath' should point to existing path.".
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProviderOperationExecutionFailure
    + PSComputerName : ComputerName 

The website name and computer name have been changed. The physical path does exist, but pointing to a network location, not a local path.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

There's some validation in the resource that bombs for a UNC. If you get into the gitHub repo for that resource, I'm fairly sure it's been logged as an issue before.

Profile photo of Chris Liquori
    Chris Liquori
    Participant

Thanks. It may be something else causing the issue, I was thinking it could be the double hop scenario as I cannot use a unc path using Powershell remoting. But, enabling CredSSP temporarily did not work. I can create the website using a unc path on the local server, but not remotely.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.