Author Posts

August 12, 2018 at 3:38 pm

I have a module in the PowerShell Gallery called PSTeachingTools which I wrote to make it easier for me to teach a variety of PowerShell concepts. The main commands a functions that work with non-technical objects. Sometimes people get hung up or distracted by technical things like services or processes. My module lets me run a command like Get-Vegetable and demontrate objects, filtering, parameter binding and more. For advanced classes, I can use thge module itself to teach about advanced scripting and even PowerShell classes.

August 12, 2018 at 4:08 pm

Mr. Hicks, Thank you sharing this wonderful module. There are on going efforts to reboot the Chicago PowerShell User Group and looking for content to present. We expect our target audience to be beginners. I will study your module and see if we come up with content using the module.

Thanks,

Francisco Navarro

August 15, 2018 at 2:16 pm

Francisco- I'm out of Madison, WI, and have taught PowerShell to beginner audiences at Madison College for the last 3-4yrs before joining Microsoft. Feel free to reach out to me at michael DOT bender AT microsoft DOT com if you need assistance/ideas. I've also used Jeff's tools in my classroom and they work great.

August 15, 2018 at 5:41 pm

Thank You Michael! – I will definitely take you up on your offer. We are having our first meetup on October 9th. I will gauge the audience and see how far they are into PowerShell. Its exciting to see the community come together to make this happen. Long overdue for Chicago. Thanks Again