Through fundraising and corporate sponsorships, The DevOps Collective, Inc. is pleased to offer a number of full-ride scholarships to the OnRamp Track at The PowerShell + DevOps Global Summit. Before considering the scholarship, please review the OnRamp Brochure.
Scholarship recipients receive the following:
- Free admission to the OnRamp Track, including four breakfasts, four lunches, and two evening events.
- Five nights lodging
- US domestic airfare (coach)
Applicants are expected to bring laptops capable of running Visual Studio Code and PowerShell 7, which should include most modern Windows, Linux, and macOS computers. Applicants should have administrator rights on the laptop. We have a limited number of scholarships that can include a minimally equipped laptop. The goal of the scholarship is to help bring new people into our field and community, with a focus on people who are just beginning a career in IT. Our primary recipient criteria are: Individuals who are part of ethnic or gender groups that have traditionally been underrepresented in IT (half of our scholarship slots are reserved for members of these groups)
- Individuals who have completed an entry-level IT training program (which can include a technical college) or who hold at least one entry-level certification (such as CompTIA A+)
- Individuals who currently hold an entry-level IT job, are participating in an IT internship, or who are actively applying for an entry-level IT job.
- Individuals who fully intend to make IT their full-time professional career.
At this time, our scholarships are available to anyone. However, there are currently restrictions on airfare coverage for non-US applicants, who should be prepared to cover their own airfare to the event.
While the main goal of the OnRamp Track is to bootstrap individuals into the tools and technologies of our trade, it has a secondary goal of connecting them with our community, helping them build new and lifelong personal connections. To this end, OnRamp participants (whether attending on a scholarship or not) can opt-in to be paired with an experienced buddy at the event. This gives them someone to bounce technical questions off of, but also someone who can help introduce them to the community and help begin building a personal network that will serve their entire IT career.
Applications Open 1 December 2021, are due on 15 February 2022.