Through fundraising and corporate sponsorships, The DevOps Collective, Inc. is pleased to offer a number of full-ride scholarships to the OnRamp Track at Summit. Before considering the scholarship, please review the OnRamp Brochure.
Scholarship recipients receive:
- Free admission to the OnRamp Track, including four breakfasts, four lunches, and two evening events.
- Five nights’ lodging
- US domestic airfare (coach)
Applicants are expected to provide their own laptop capable of running VS Code and PowerShell (Core), which should include most modern Windows, Linux, and macOS computers. We have a limited number of scholarships that include a minimally equipped laptop.
The goal of our scholarship is to help bring new people into our field and community, with a focus on people who are just beginning a career in IT. Our primary recipient criteria are:
- Individuals who are part of ethnic or gender groups that have traditionally been underrepresented in IT (half of our scholarship slots are reserved for members of these groups)
- Individuals who have completed an entry-level IT training program (which can include a technical college) or who hold at least one entry-level certification (such as CompTIA A+)
- Individuals who currently hold an entry-level IT job, are participating in an IT internship, or who are actively applying for an entry-level IT job.
- Individuals who fully intend to make IT their full-time professional career.
At this time, our scholarships are available to anyone. However, there are currently restrictions on airfare coverage for non-US applicants, who should be prepared to cover their own airfare to the event.
While the main goal of the OnRamp Track is to bootstrap individuals into the tools and technologies of our trade, it has a secondary goal of connecting them with our community, helping them build new and lifelong personal connections. To this end, OnRamp participants (whether attending on a scholarship or not) can opt to be paired with an experienced “buddy” at the event. This gives them someone to bounce technical questions off of, but also someone who can help introduce them around and help them start building the kind of personal network that will underlie their entire IT career. Interested in being an OnRamp buddy? It’s open to any Summit alum; contact Rob Pleau in our Slack workspace.
Applications are due 1 November 2018. Application packets are available in the following formats:
- Microsoft Word format
- Apple Pages format
- Adobe PDF format